Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer!

One of my favorite blog friends Kirby at the GoodGalsInc tagged me in this "5 Things You Love About Summer" tag! If you haven't visited Kirby's blog.. then I def recommend you go do so.. NOW! :) She's a great girl!

Here are my top 5 Things....

1) My wedding!


So obviously, I am not going to get married every summer, but this summer I cannot wait to get married! It is less than two months away and smack dab in the middle of summer.. which is a good thing and bad :) We are going to have a blast!

2) Snow Cones!


Ok, So I totally borrowed this from Kirby.. but great minds think alike. I love, love, love snow cones. There are an easy way to cool off and a fun treat for the kids (or just the kids at heart :) There is a snow cone shack in downtown that has totally random hours but I would drive the long way home from school just to see if they were open! lol.

3) Ice Cream!


So obviously there is a trend in calories here.. but ice cream is right up there with snow cones! Who doesn't enjoy a simply ice cream cone on a hot sunny day? Everyone, right!?! What is better is home made ice cream :) my friend Tanya and her mom, Marie used to make homemade vanilla ice cream for us every summer. It was delicious! Now Marie makes it for us everytime we go up there :)

4) Family & Friend BBQ!


So yes.. the calorie trend is still contiuing on my list. No wonder I need to loose some weight :) But really I love family & friend bbq's because I love spending time with them! My parents house has always been the bbq spot.. the kids swim, while the adults watch and talk. When we get our house after the wedding, I cannot wait to host bbq's and fun events :) It'll be a new summer tradition!

5) The Beach!


The beach is just the relaxing place to be. I love water and the ocean, so it only makes sense that the beach would be on my top 5! Even though I hate suiting up in a bathing suit (that'll all change soon!), I would gladly do it if I knew we were going to the beach! :) I love sitting and listening to the ocean, swimming with friends/family, or just having a picnic next to the ocean!

If I were to pick a #6, it would be 4th of july! I love fireworks. I love the 4th. I love camping, cause that's what we are usually doing that week. I love red, white, and blue :) What can I say? I'm a patriot!

The 6 Lovely ladies I tag are:

Mrs buckingham!
Mary
Jillian
August 15 bride
Candice
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh great list!!! I love love love the beach and snow cones and bbq's too! Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet!! I love your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping and Ice Cream just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love camping and Ice Cream just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing this week...

    ReplyDelete