Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Post!

Hello there! My name is Samantha and this will be my blog about my fitness, eating, nutrition, etc. I am engaged as of 12.6.08 and have about 6 months until my big day. This blog is going to be like the little notebook I carry around with my food, exercise, etc data.

Background about me: When I was younger, I was a great size but just a little taller than all the boys. Then once the boys caught up to me in middle school, I was a good height/weight. But of course, back then, I didn't think I was. My best friends were all size twos and under. So from as far back as I can remember I've been on and off diets, yo-yo dieting, and trying to get skinny. Well after I had my gallbladder removed (age 12) and grandpa dying (age 18) I had packed on the pounds. I also, no longer had cheerleading and softball to keep me active. At that point I was the heaviest I'd been... and now recently I've topped that! After one of my close friends and her husband died in a plane crash.. I didn't know what to do with myself. It was no excuse, but needless to say, I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, angry, etc. This cannot be the case any longer! My mood has changed, my activity level has changed, self confidence, and even the way I move sometimes...
THIS ALL STOPS TODAY!

I have six months to get back to a reasonable and HEALTHY size before my big day. I will be darned if I look like a marshmallow in my dress.. not to mention feel like one! It's not all about size or looks either. I want to feel healthy again. I want to be healthy again. I mean I wouldn't mind going to a "normal" store and buying a size large shirt and just knowing it was going to fit.. that would be a bonus. But I want the health benefits of being physically active.
.. Basically, I want MY life back... and this is how I will start!!

So (if anyones reading this..) welcome to this fun (haha) journey with me. I hope you and I can team up and start this journey together.. We need support! Feel free to "follow me" and post recipes, exercises, or anything on here. I love reading it!

Will post more tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I just on your personal profile that you are Christian and a youth leader! Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya girl! We can do this before our big days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you starting a blog. You will receive plenty of support! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the healthy living blogosphere! There are many of us on this journey and the support, adivce, and motivation from the "followers" is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to diet blogging! You can do this. You have to want it so much that you are willing to do all of the things you really don't wanna do - like exercise when you've had a hard day or give up certain foods that are not good for your diet.

    The blogs online are an awesome support and better than any WW meeting I've been to. We all know where each other is coming from, because we've been there or are there ourselves.

    ReplyDelete